and also go beyond the basic phone service functions. You would be surprised how many residential users enjoy teleconference bridging and routing, emerging voice and signaling security features, and other ancillary functions.
Who are V1 VoIP’s residential services for?
* ITSPs entering new residential and retail markets (where the telecommunications market has been deregulated)
* Companies launching VoIP for residential services (and don’t forget business services too!)
* Carriers looking for enhanced profit from increased wholesale traffic
* Service providers who wish to extend their existing VoIP services
* Companies competing with local telecoms by offering enhanced 3rd generation services (follow-me, mobility, etc.)
Key Features for Residential V1 VoIP Resellers
* Standard features such as call waiting, call forwarding, call transfer, caller ID and three-way calling, as well as optional features like voicemail and web-based email (their popularity with users means excellent revenue-generating potential)
* Users may retain their current analogue telephone numbers
* Utility for remote bulk configuration of end users’ SIP user agents (Cisco ATA, Sipura, Grandstream)
* Customizable, wizard-driven call rating, including peak and off-peak periods
* Unlimited number of accounts hosted by the system
* Easy management of accounts and batches
* In-depth analysis per VoIP carrier based on traffic and generated revenues
* Comprehensive and customizable reporting functions allowing service providers to track all types of call information (by destination, time, ASR, etc.)
* E-commerce module credit card payment, web subscription; fully compliant with the Visa security standard
Contact a V1 VoIP representative with your questions so you can get started reselling residential V1 VoIP services and features in your community today!