SIP Trunks can save an average small business easily up to 50% or much more on their monthly communications bill. The reason why is because SIP Trunks are more cost effective. This efficient way of combining voice and data onto one Internet connection will make your life easier, while enjoying free on-network calling between your corporate locations. Here V1 VoIP offers resellers a starter guide to SIP trunks and SIP solutions.
SIP stands for the Session Initiation Protocol and is a signaling protocol. It is widely used for controlling multimedia communication sessions especially with VoIP. A SIP trunk establishes a pure IP connection. The VoIP trunk can handle the multi-media options of voice, data, video and mobile connections. DID (Direct Inward Dialing) numbers can be provided from virtually any location in North America and a large number of other countries. This permits enterprises to establish a “virtual” presence with incoming calls ringing at a centralized facility. Direct SIP trunking to IP PBXs (private branch exchanges) and soft switches means no additional hardware to achieve end-to-end VoIP.
V1 VoIP SIP offers a huge opportunity to reinvent how businesses communicate. The potential of SIP has had a prolonged effect throughout the industry with equipment vendors and service providers exploring how best to leverage this market opportunity.
Here V1 VoIP explains the fundamentals of what SIP trunks are and what their capabilities are:
* Provides a private, secure, 24/7-managed voice network
* Ability to work with any PBX and easy integration with gateways or IP-PBX equipment
* Eliminate the need for expensive and un-flexible traditional voice circuits and reduce the need to purchase additional hardware to interface IP voice to the PSTN
* Managed QoS solution
* Complete E911 capability
* Easy deployment of multimedia applications through seamless voice, video, and data integration
* Instant messaging capabilities
* Application integration through SIP support in Windows XP and AOL Instant Messenger
* 3G Mobile device support
* Lowers equipment costs Offers converged networks (voice, video and data services)
* Delivers advanced disaster recovery capabilities
* Provides access to V1 VoIP hosted voice solutions and hosted call center solutions
If you have more questions about SIP Trunks, contact a member of the V1 VoIP SIP team for answers about SIP trunking and how it can save you and your business money today. We’ll give you a free tour and demonstration of the power of V1 VoIP SIP and answer any questions about SIP that you may have.